ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

14 days with SmugMug and Zenfolio

<< < (3/3)

Jibz:
what a great review.

I've been thinking of switching from flickr to something else, because flickr still is flickr from yeas ago.

Would it be easy to transfer everything on flickr to lets say zenfolio?
-DeVamp (July 10, 2012, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I transferred my photos from Flickr last week, and was quite surprised how painless that was. I signed up for a 3 month pro account on Flickr to get access to the original files (I didn't even know they had 3 month subscriptions), and then I used the Upload Junction service.

Basically I just entered what service I was coming from and what service I was going to, logged into both, and the service did all the work, and I got an e-mail a couple of hours later when it was done. It copied all of my Flickr stream into a private gallery and created a collection for each set.

SmugMug has something called SmuggLr, which looks like a Firefox extension to do the transfer.

DeVamp:
Thanks for the info.

Checked it out and it is indeed transferring the pictures.

Now to check out zenfolio a little more. :-)

thanks again.

cthorpe:
I heard about Zenfolio a couple of years ago before I got on SmugMug.  It seemed decent, but I got a discounted year at SmugMug from some bundle I picked up and promptly forgot about it.  After reading over your review, I will definitely do a trial and consider moving, as I have noticed many of the things that bothered you about Smug.

I will be sure to use your referral code if that is what I end up doing.

Jibz:
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I thought I should note that I recently changed from Zenfolio to SmugMug.

Zenfolio has worked well for me, and their customer support has always been helpful.

But I've had some issues with uploading to Zenfolio from Chrome over the years, and their interface had gotten really slow to use from my location. So I gave SmugMug another trial while they were offering a discount, and found they had resolved many of the issues I mentioned in my original post.

So I will be trying SmugMug for the next couple of years, will see how that goes :Thmbsup:.

Writer:
For a couple of years, I'd moved out of SmugMug to Zenfolio and then to 500px, but came back to SmugMug this year. Zenfolio is good, but it tends to be slow on occasion. 500px is just a little too expensive for my usage, otherwise it's good.

Meanwhile, if any of you're interested in saving 20% on your SmugMug subscription, you can use this coupon (tCWYzWJBlPark):
https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=tCWYzWJBlPark
Note: I get a 20% off too, when I renew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version