ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook Changed Everyone’s Email to @Facebook.com; Here’s How to Fix It

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
Not that I care about facebook, but everyone seems to be talking about this change of emails and I still don't get what it means.. What does it mean they they changed your email to @facebook?  I guess I just don't know how the emails are used.. What are the ramifications of that? How does it affect you?  Can someone explain how these emails are used and what it matters what email facebook shows(?) uses(?)

fenixproductions:
Not that I care about facebook, but everyone seems to be talking about this change of emails and I still don't get what it means.. What does it mean they they changed your email to @facebook?  I guess I just don't know how the emails are used.. What are the ramifications of that? How does it affect you?  Can someone explain how these emails are used and what it matters what email facebook shows(?) uses(?)-mouser (June 26, 2012, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Dunno about that but when I had tried to send an email from my company address to [email protected], after few hours I've got server reply saying something like:
Your message was not delivered due to user's account privacy settings.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
Do you have to check it?  I mean the e-mail account.  As long as they don't forward to my personal account, I don't care.  It will just take up space on their servers. :)

rgdot:
This is really nothing in my opinion, no effect on anybody as far as I can tell. It's probably another step in their messaging system - ie facebook want everything to be facebook, even the part after @

wraith808:
This is really nothing in my opinion, no effect on anybody as far as I can tell. It's probably another step in their messaging system - ie facebook want everything to be facebook, even the part after @
-rgdot (June 26, 2012, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I believe it can be something to certain people.  If you actually publish your e-mail address and use it as a form of contact, then this does affect you.  Especially if it's a business or your primary link to family/friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version