topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DemoBlock - my new (now titled) video game  (Read 3358 times)

LaKraven

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • The "alien" Delphi developer
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DemoBlock - my new (now titled) video game
« on: June 25, 2012, 02:29 PM »
Cube.png

I'm soon going to be releasing the first iteration of a new game I've been developing for the last two days.

I'm ironing out the final pieces of the game mechanics now, and then a gameplay video will follow.

Pictured is the main object of the game: a cubic matrix (cube composed of smaller cubes). They are different colours, as you can see, and are in a random configuration.

The objective of the game is to complete combinations of 3 or more matching colours in a line (no diagonals allowed). You can, however, have combinations spanning multiple facets of the cube, so you can potentially have combinations of more than 9 across any three facets at the same time!

You can only move a cube if that move would complete one or more valid combinations.

When a combination of 3 or more is made, those cubes are destroyed, and new cubes rise to the surface from the layer below. If the combination eliminates one or more cubes from an edge or corner, the cubes will transition according to the "direction of travel" necessary to have completed that combination, with new cubes rising up to replace the transitioned cubes.

The transitioning cubes may also lead to other combinations being completed, thus combo bonuses are also possible.

The objective is to complete as many combinations as possible from the cube, leaving as few remaining cubes as possible when you run out of replacement cubes.
There are only as many replacement cubes inside as the cube can contain.

The matrix can be rotated so that you can access all facets from various angles.

The description sounds complicated, but gameplay is simple and intuitive.

Other game styles based on this cube matrix concept are being thought up, including a couple which make multiplayer (versus) play a possibility.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:27 PM by LaKraven »

LaKraven

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • The "alien" Delphi developer
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: My new as-yet untitled video game
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Oh, and this game is being simultainiously released for Windows and Mac, with Linux and Android following close behind.
A web-based version is also being considered, but iOS is absolutely NOT being considered because it's a crap platform for unappreciative people ;)

Stephen has told me to mention that it's 100% free of DRM, and is a totally free game for everyone to enjoy.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: My new as-yet untitled video game
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Nice!

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006