ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Moving messages to another thread

<< < (3/6) > >>

kfitting:
Do a search on gri or grivitiniks on Google (or look at Gri's other posts here)... I wouldnt worry too much about understanding.

IainB:
It might be that "GRI" is short for "Generated Random Information".

jgpaiva:
Anyone care to translate?  :wallbash:
-Stephen66515 (July 10, 2012, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

What Gri is pointing out is that in SMF 1.x (which DC has installed), individual messages are referenced by their thread ID + message ID, in the format "index.php?topic=31419.msg292188#msg292188", making it harder for posts to be moved without breaking the links in the quotes, since quotes use this format and thus links are broken when the message is moved to a different thread.
Apparently, when installing his mod or when upgrading SMF 2.x, the posts can be referenced by themselves and thus the links will keep working when posts are moved between different threads. That's why he quotes people using links in the format "index.php?msg=293179".
Also, according to Gri, this single fact makes DC "inappropriate for placing of the posts".

[edit] also, in case you haven't noticed yet (or you weren't here when he started posting on DC), he loves the attention :P [/edit]

KynloStephen66515:
Anyone care to translate?  :wallbash:
-Stephen66515 (July 10, 2012, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

What Gri is pointing out is that in SMF 1.x (which DC has installed), individual messages are referenced by their thread ID + message ID, in the format "index.php?topic=31419.msg292188#msg292188", making it harder for posts to be moved without breaking the links in the quotes, since quotes use this format and thus links are broken when the message is moved to a different thread.
Apparently, when installing his mod or when upgrading SMF 2.x, the posts can be referenced by themselves and thus the links will keep working when posts are moved between different threads. That's why he quotes people using links in the format "index.php?msg=293179".
Also, according to Gri, this single fact makes DC "inappropriate for placing of the posts".

[edit] also, in case you haven't noticed yet (or you weren't here when he started posting on DC), he loves the attention :P [/edit]
-jgpaiva (July 11, 2012, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

DC's move thread doesn't break the quotes though o_0

KynloStephen66515:
Do a search on gri or grivitiniks on Google (or look at Gri's other posts here)... I wouldnt worry too much about understanding.
-kfitting (July 11, 2012, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did, and they are all posts from him saying the same thing, in some insane, none English fashion  :huh:

I'm lost, and will probably never be found on this one, so I shall leave this to people who know how to translate this lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version