ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Batch adjust shortcut targets

<< < (3/15) > >>

nkormanik:

I'll try it out, 4wd.  I appreciate your efforts.  Still have FolMon running on two computers, one to each side of me, chugging out images, so I'm monitoring the progress easily, thanks to you.

And Skwire, still creating shortcuts with File Punter on my main computer here.  One full set of 32,220 lines of commands has been running in File Punter for nearly two days.  But getting the job done.  At least I think so.

=====

Possible solution to the task at hand found:

http://networkadminkb.com/KB/a264/change-shortcuts-utility.aspx

Place copy of all the perfect 50501 shortcuts into "shortcuts to be changed" folder.

Run from command line (or batchfile?):

>ChangeLNKs    /d=c:\shortcuts to be changed    /n=names.txt    /p=paths.txt

names.txt
50501;50502

paths.txt
50501;50502

This will create a set of shortcuts pointing to 50502 set of images.

Repeat process for rest of sets....  50503, 50504, etc.  12 sets.

I'll experiment with it more tomorrow.

skwire:
One full set of 32,220 lines of commands has been running in File Punter for nearly two days.-nkormanik (June 23, 2012, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you saying that you have 32,220 rules/entries in File Punter?  If so, why?

4wd:
OK, I was bored so I thought I'd have a play around and came up with BSM, (guess what that stands for).

It'll modify shortcuts according to the regex entered - for modify read: it will delete and then create a new shortcut according to the modified information.

You can test what will happen by checking the Test box, only the first 20 shortcut manglings will be displayed.  If you enter nothing in the regex fields and hit the Go button then it will delete and then create the existing shortcuts with no changes - think of it as 'refreshing' your stale shortcuts.

****NOTE**** All the pictures changed with v0.2+ - that's why they're not here anymore.

For a roundup of the regex you can use, see here, for more than you ever wanted know, see here.

You can also click on the RegEx to have it open the first page in your browser, (images were grabbed before I added the RegEx link - I'm not going crazy, it only looks like it).

DISCLAIMER: Because I code for my enjoyment and not others: No error checking, trapping, safety nets, etc.  :)

By design the program should only ever effect shortcuts, (*.lnk), but if you get it to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against Melbourne, Australia, just remember......I won't be around to fix the bug.

It's all in the archive up here.

Are you saying that you have 32,220 rules/entries in File Punter?  If so, why?
-skwire (June 23, 2012, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think he means running over two lots of 16110 files, (number of image files quoted in another post).

nkormanik:

Are you saying that you have 32,220 rules/entries in File Punter?  If so, why?
-skwire (June 23, 2012, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, at least we know that File Punter works successfully with such a large task.  Plus I still don't understand how to do those RegEx expressions.  As a side note on File Punter, by the way, seems I can leave it running and doing its thing in the background with no problem, while I search the web and work on other stuff.  File Punter doesn't hog the computer resources, and doesn't trip over itself just because I bring up some website in Chrome.  That's an enormous plus.

The RegEx you and jgpaiva provided (using ReNamer), though, did work great "getting rid of that extra junk" in file names.  That saved me a lot of work and frustration.

nkormanik:

4wd, boy am I glad you were bored.  Appears you've created the world's ONLY Windows GUI program to alter shortcuts.  Definitely beats that other 'command line' version I found.  I haven't tested BSM (Batch Shortcut Modifier) yet, but it looks fantastic.  Thanks a million.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version