ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

corrupt index (I think): how to fix?

<< < (7/7)

Target:
good news :Thmbsup:

FWIW I'd still wash and reformat the drive before I used it...

40hz:
Then I read that updating the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers would fix my problem, and it sure seemed like it did!
-superboyac (June 25, 2012, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yay!  :Thmbsup:

Driver updates. Don't you just love it when it's that easy? ;D

P.S. I agree with Target. I'd do a scrub, re-partition, and reformat before I put it back in production too.

Stoic Joker:
Driver updates. Don't you just love it when it's that easy?-40hz (June 26, 2012, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

He must have gotten a hold of the same screwed up version I did awhile back when my RAID5 array kept coming unwound. Driver I'd used for years had been fine, found an updated one...shit hit the fan, found yet another (even newer) one...and its been quiet ever since.

superboyac:
Then I read that updating the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers would fix my problem, and it sure seemed like it did!
-superboyac (June 25, 2012, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yay!  :Thmbsup:

Driver updates. Don't you just love it when it's that easy? ;D

P.S. I agree with Target. I'd do a scrub, re-partition, and reformat before I put it back in production too.
-40hz (June 26, 2012, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I will.  I have to replace several of the files anyway, some of them got a little garbled and there are artifacts when it plays now.  But I'll take it!

next project: my "portable university" experiment using XBMC.  I've been looking forward to this one for a year now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version