ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Humour And A "Serious" Product - Opinions Needed

(1/3) > >>

DmitriPopov:
Hello!

I develop and sell a help authoring tool - a kind of product that is by default "serious" and even boring. But as a micropreneur I should always think of making things different from my competitors.  8) Their sites are, you know, really serious and corporative, so I decided to do a little twist and create something offbeat on my website. So here we go, my "Tutorial":   :-[

http://www.helpinator.com/tutorial.html

But now I'm in doubt - is it funny at all? Or just harms my reputation without any good. :D Please take a look and tell me what was the first thing on your mind? Was it "Wow!", "WTF?!" or "I'd better close it right away!"  :)

Renegade:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

EXORCIST SOFTWARE~! HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAA~!

I LOVE IT~!

However, do take me with a grain of salt as I have a bit of a twisted sense of humour!

One of my web sites - NSFWhttp://www.fucksatan.com/

I have a foul mouth, and well, may not be the average for the audience. Though I do write software.

But seriously, that would totally be a super-plus in my books if I were looking to buy. (I have a Help & Manual license, so don't need anything else at the moment.)

I think it makes things much more fun and attractive. But do get other opinions. It would be a big plus in my books, but I'm perhaps not the best judge.

KynloStephen66515:
On first glance, I notice something that, for me, is an instant turn off.  Within 3 seconds of clicking the link, I see religious references.  

On that note...I wouldn't use it...Mainly cause I like satan being inside my computer.

Renegade:
I like satan being inside my computer.
-Stephen66515 (June 20, 2012, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bwahahahahaha~! ;D

I can quickly see that I'll be peeing my pants laughing in this thread~! ;D :P

Shades:
Depending on your market it could go wrong for you. If you try to sell it in the (more) religious parts of the USA for example, you might reconsider the name of your example application (the textual part of the screenshot on the intro page is OK, though). For an atheist, an agnostic or otherwise reasonable person your humor is harmless, I would say.

I remember reading a story on slashdot about how a BSD administrator was chased out of rural town she was just passing through. The reason? She wore a shirt with the BSD logo on it.  :o

A quote I heard on one of the doctor House episodes: "If you could reason with religious people, there wouldn't be religious people."

Personally, I found it kinda funny.

P.S.
With a name like helpinator, you might consider changing the current smilie figure with one that resembles Schwarzenegger?  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version