ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Stick-A-Note + Universal Viewer - Mini-Review

<< < (2/6) > >>

IainB:
Added a further note and a screenshot to the bottom of the Opening Post for:
4. (2012-08-22) Another use for Stick-A-Note. I use a Firefox add-on called InstantFox, which gives you a bunch of extra functionality/shortcuts in the Awesome bar. The only trouble is, you need to know/recall the hotkeys to invoke these shortcuts. So I created a Stick-A-Note note on the New Tabs page to remind me. The size of the note is constrained to what you see in the image below, so it means I can't see all of the hotkeys, though I can if I select Edit to expand that note. In any event, I find this very handy.
--- End quote ---

IainB:
New Year clean-up: I have just tidied up/updated the summary details at the top of the review in the opening post.
No real changes to anything otherwise.

rjbull:
@IainB:

You clearly state you used Universal Viewer Free.  Have you been tempted to upgrade to the payware version with its extra formats?

Quite a lot of sticky notes programs can attach notes to specific windows too, most of them payware but including the free ZhornSoftware Stickies, and the notes part of PowerPro.  Were you specifically looking for a free solution?

IainB:
@rjbull: I have only used the free version.

I also use Stickies.

dr_andus:
I have just done a quick trial of Stick-A-Note, Stickies, Notezilla, and GumNotes, hoping to be able to use them to annotate ConnectedText topics (when viewed in the main window and in floating windows). Stick-A-Note and GumNotes emerged as the most promising, as those seem to be the only ones that you can create as notes linked to a specific document window with a single hotkey. I did have some problems with not being able to attach a note so that it would show when a topic is called up both in CT's main window and/or in a floating window, but turned out that both Stick-A-Note and GumNotes allow you to edit down the title of the note to the actual title of the CT topic, and then it recognises them, no matter in what kind of window they are displayed.

Comparing Stick-A-Note and GumNotes directly, the advantage of the former is that it does follow the window when you drag it around. On the other hand, GumNotes' strength is that it does have a viewing window for all notes and also has quick text export functions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version