ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Folder Properties Auto-Update....

<< < (4/7) > >>

nkormanik:

Amen to that.

4wd:
Update up there.

UPDATE v0.2:

* Fix: Window title wasn't updated if executable name was changed.
* Added: Statusbar shows the latest created file, (updated at the same time as window title).

nkormanik:

Excellent work, 4wd.  Been running on three computers since you created it!

Keeps me immediately appraised of the on-going progress in those subdirectories monitored.

Additionally, seems an excellent way of showing which computer -- for whatever reason -- is faster or slower.  If folders on the three computers start empty, and the running process is the same, computer most rapidly ticking up the file count is fastest.  FolMon at a glance shows that.

nkormanik:
I've been finding FolMon really useful, 4wd.  Recently running into an issue, though.

Just on a fast Windows 7 machine.  Occasionally FolMon freezes.  I know the number of files in the monitored folder keeps increasing.  But FolMon keeps showing the same numbers, at the point of freeze.

I use Windows Task Manager to kill the current instance, and start up a new instance.  Numbers jump up to actual.  Going along fine for a while.  Then freezes again.

Don't want to fiddle with something that works so well.  Mostly just wanted to inform you, more than anything else.

Thanks again!

4wd:
OK, just tried it on my machine and it froze at 16709 files, I also noticed that the same filename seemed to keep reappearing on the statusbar - which is weird.

And when I started it off again, that same filename kept turning up again.

EDIT: I might just disable the statusbar and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT2: OK, it looks like it's linked to the statusbar - more directly, due to using 'dir' to get the last file created.  So I'll just disable it until I can find another way to get the latest file.

Archive up there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version