ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Learning C++ Builder

<< < (2/5) > >>

Smirf:
a) how to assistedly insert new methods, functions, properties or variables?-SMIRF
--- End quote ---
MediaPlayer Component....-Shed
--- End quote ---
An existing component is very different from a to be created function or method.
In BCB6 that task has been easy to be done, but how to do it now in BDS2006? That has been the question.

Reinhard.

Deozaan:
What is that? Borland's visual C++ program?

I'd love to learn c++ but most of the tutorials and examples I've found online won't compile correctly using microsoft's visual c++ 2005

Shed:
Yes ...my example (MIDI files playback) it's made with Borland C++ Builder compiler (the easy and powerfull way to have the truly C++ visual coding at your fingertips)

Visual programming, means that compiler have special helpers or procedures to help you developing applications, but NOT means "all is made for you simply clicking the mouse" ...mostly, you must KNOW what are you doing for add your OWN functions (written by you)

important things you must know, is that compiler, have following main things:

1st) have some kind of C and C++ knowledges (for this i recommend begin with a User's Manual for C languaje and after study and practice with console applications, try with C++ lenguaje (that is like C but with more things and Object Oriented programming)

- IDE (Integrated Development Environment)  This is the Main Pannels etc when you start the C++ Builder compiler

- VCL (Visual Component Library) it's the standard function library available into the IDE, it have the components and functions               
                                              that you'll use in your projects.

This is the COMPONENT PALLETTE and IDE menu, (with the AsyncPro components...this is a 3rd party component library

- COMPONENTS (it's like library functions (known as VCL) that have the necessary code to MAKE some kind of work)
           |         (for example, we have components for make a FTP connection to a server, a visual GRID for view data, etc)
           |             This components, are sorted by a TABBED control, with different sections,
           |              (Standard, FastNet, BDE, Interbase, Office,...etc etc)
           |   
           |              One thing that you must have in mind, is that the Component VCL can be "extended" with components       
           |                  developed by 3rd party components....
           |
           |--->Properties  (define some things for each component....for example FONT property defines with kind of Font                         
           |                                have the component....(size, bold, font type etc...)                                           
           |
           |--->Events (for each component in application, happens some kind of events, for example, OnClick event,
           |                             manage what will DO the component, when the user Clicks with Mouse on it)
           |
           |--->Methods (it's some "internal" functions that the component have into....for example the Method for a
                                           TTable component (that manage a DataBase Table), have the method TTable->First();                       
                                            that positioning the selected registry of the Table, to First registry on the Table.

- IDE Options for Compile, Debugging, and editting your project source code files,

- F1 Help File system (once you're developing, perhaps you NEED know something about some function or parameter or something....for help you, C++ Builder have a Visual Help File, that contains help system for all functions, and things related to development environment....it's usefull know a bit this file, for further use when you don't know use a function or something

Also you must know the difference between DESIGN and RUNTIME modes....for example, a control can be VIEWED at Design Mode, but in Runtime mode can't be visible (it's there, but HIDDEN.....(visible propertie = False))

And remember...if you're thinking to introduce programming world, you must have another thing in mind-...

READ THE DOCUMENTATION of USE

what i'm saying...yes...exactly your'e reading...common attitude on people...is want make things BEFORE read the user manual or README files....it's important know if you're thinking make things, know how it works is essential....no?

Then, just before playing with a thing....take a view to Documentation of use....some times this save you a lot of hours...

Also, important to remember, if you have enough "skilled" you can build your own components at your own convenience, but if you're not expert coder, it's a bit difficult made this...

Shed:
Perhaps, some people say....wow...Visual Programming it's very hard for me....i need begin older stylish...with a console application, (ok good...the IDE of C++ Builder also allow console applications....)

For it, you need Click on the main top menu File->New->Other ....and select Console Wizard (this is for generating the new project for a console application)

Console wizard allows select kind of languaje (C or C++) and if it's multithreaded, etc...

when you create the console, you've the standard *.c    or    *.cpp file for procedural coding

here, you can write old style coding...things like main function with arguments....void main(int argc, char argv[])...
this is,...C standard coding...

--- ---//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#pragma hdrstop
#include <conio.h>
#include <stdio.h>

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#pragma argsused
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
 int x = 0;

clrscr(); //this function clear the text screen

for(x=1; x<12; x++)
  {
    //we use gotoxy function for place the cursor
    //and print 12 Hello world to screen

gotoxy(30,x);
    printf("hello world");

}

getch(); //wait keystoke by user for exit
}

app103:
Now why couldn't this be a Delphi contest?
Or for any language that Borland supports?  :(

I hate C/C++...I tried it...too cryptic for me.

Never got past printf() and scanf() in C.

Sure, BCB looks just like my Delphi 6, and probably acts a lot like it too...but to me it's like trying to program in Chinese.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version