ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ads in Skype

<< < (2/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
"Hi Renegade! You coming to practice at Joe's Bowling before 6PM to take advantage of the Early Bird String for only $2? That other soft drink machine is down so let's get a nice cold delicious Pepsi Next, because it only has 10 grams of sugar but the same Pepsi taste! "

Oh wait - that's the Truman Show.
-TaoPhoenix (June 15, 2012, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
[off topic]
My Favorite Movie!
[/off topic]

TaoPhoenix:
Meanwhile on the mobile version of skype, are there still ads? (IS there a mobile version?) Because Mobile is getting nasty bandwidth caps, and ads are getting big and bulky lately.

Renegade:
Meanwhile on the mobile version of skype, are there still ads? (IS there a mobile version?) Because Mobile is getting nasty bandwidth caps, and ads are getting big and bulky lately.
-TaoPhoenix (June 15, 2012, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I forget what I was using and when, but I've seen mobile video ads. WTF?!? I don't really use my phone much at all anymore now that I have a tablet, so I don't know if they're more popular now or what.

Give 'em a new toy and watch 'em abuse it... sigh...  :-\

nudone:
Just wait until they start analysing the audio content of your conversation and then start interrupting with their synthesised audio ads; you know that's got to be on the drawing board.

Renegade:
Just wait until they start analysing the audio content of your conversation and then start interrupting with their synthesised audio ads; you know that's got to be on the drawing board.
-nudone (June 16, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Audio analysis is already being done. It's just a matter of time before it's monetized. At the moment it's only to snoop on you. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version