ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Techie News Roundup

<< < (3/3)

rgdot:
Sort of techie news,  a cautionary tale of sorts  :-\

SWAT team throws flashbangs, raids wrong home due to open WiFi network

But the family in the home was released without any charges as police realized their mistake. Turns out the home had an open WiFi router, and the threats had been made by someone outside the house. Whoops.
--- End quote ---

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/06/swat-team-throws-flashbangs-raids-wrong-home-due-to-open-wifi-network/

Renegade:
Sort of techie news,  a cautionary tale of sorts  :-\

SWAT team throws flashbangs, raids wrong home due to open WiFi network

But the family in the home was released without any charges as police realized their mistake. Turns out the home had an open WiFi router, and the threats had been made by someone outside the house. Whoops.
--- End quote ---

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/06/swat-team-throws-flashbangs-raids-wrong-home-due-to-open-wifi-network/
-rgdot (June 28, 2012, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sigh...

It's really hard to get behind the police when they pull crap like that. I have no faith in the police anymore. And my dad was a cop. They've gone from being peace officers to being thugs.

Quite frankly, the people responsible for breaking into that house and assaulting those people (what is a flashbang otherwise?) should be criminally charged or face severe discipline for complete incompetence. There's simply too much incompetence and malice in law enforcement now.

Like seriously? An open network? Justification? Huh?

Cripes... I should take my laptop or tablet or phone and run around the neighbourhood to see how many "victims" there are there... I bet it wouldn't take 15 minutes to find one.

Simply being a technotard isn't a crime and doesn't warrant grenades being thrown into your house.

This stuff just sets me off... I should just shut up because it happens all the time... non-stop...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version