ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Go Back

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
huh?

Contro:
I want to know where was I a time ago. Completely.
-Contro (June 20, 2012, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, you need complete time-tracking and reporting. I'm using the free version of ManicTime for that. I was pointed over there by a post in this forum, some time ago, and I've kept it running since then.
Works like a charm, non-intrusive, just what I need when I ask myself: What was I doing "yesterday between 13:00 and 13:30", or "today, 10 minutes ago" :up:
-Ath (June 20, 2012, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try. I download a version of ManicTime in 2009 January. I have problems with framework 3.5 . I observed is not portable at all.
I repeat today with more confidence.

Best Regards.

I will comment if is what I am looking for.
 :-*

Contro:
huh?
-mouser (June 20, 2012, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am going mad. I think I have seen a nose a few moments ago.
Go Back

Target:
you still haven't advised what this is for or how/why you think you might be going to use it, but I'm pretty sure manic time won't do what you seem to be asking for...

If I understand it correctly then what you want is something that effectively takes a snapshot of your system state (ie active windows/applications, task status, etc) at predefined intervals, and gives you the option to go back to a nominated point in the past (ie active windows/applications, task status, etc).  This would effectively undo anything/and everything you might have done in the intervening period.

And if I understand it correctly then I suspect you're going to be sol (sadly, out of luck...)

Closest alternative I can think of off the top of my head would be to take a screenshot every 5 seconds or so, and while this wouldn't provide you with any sort of go back functionality, you would at least be able to see what you were doing x minutes ago...

Contro:
At the present moment ManicTime hangs often and I have put a post in the manicTime forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version