Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 05:35:23 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Remove this residual files after update !!!  (Read 1761 times)
hulkbuster
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:09:51 PM »

Hello Folks ,
            will come directly to the point and that is , i had updated my PC few daysback, and after the updates were done, i culd these folders in my my D:\ when i try to delete it show's something like this( see pic 2).
pic 1.

pic 2.

I know these are just the error when trying to install the residual files.

Can anyone tell me what to do with this file: how do i remove them.

Autorun Virus Remover.V.2.3 / Default Win7 Firewall / Shadow Defender.V.1.2 / Some Sense
hulkbuster
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:47:17 AM »

any suggestion from anyone, i just want to clear out those two folder.......

Autorun Virus Remover.V.2.3 / Default Win7 Firewall / Shadow Defender.V.1.2 / Some Sense
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:49:15 AM »

NTFS Permissions -> Take Ownership of the file (first), then give yourself permission to delete it.

Note: Don't forget to check the reset permissions/ownership of child folders/objects option.
hulkbuster
Participant

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »

Actually the file is in the Recycle bin, and i cannot restore that file nor can i remove it.
What would be the best decision............Sad

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:11:48 PM »

IObit Unlocker http://www.iobit.com/iobit-unlocker.html
4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

Boot off a Linux Live CD and delete the RECYCLER directory on the drive in question.   smiley

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
hulkbuster
Participant

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 06:52:57 AM »

hello 4wd , its good to hear from you. i tried ubuntu live cd ,to remove the residual file but on the next reboot to XP i could still see those files in my recycle bin .
Then in my last try i opened Q-dir :from their i could see those files and i proceeded to delete it. What do you know:it got deleted and the recycle bin was completely deleted.
For some reasons i dont know but each time i try to post my problem it gets solved here at this forum . . . .
Nice hearing from you 4wd

x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 06:54:04 AM »

Right click on the folder, go to properties, go to security.  select the administrators group and you will see no permissions checked.  Check full permissions (or depending on o/s version, click edit and then select administrators and set full permissions) and then ok your way back.  Then you should be able to delete the leftovers.

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.02 ]