ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... opinions on code snippet libraries

(1/4) > >>

barney:
Folk,

I've been using gbCodeLib for a while now, but I cannot help but wonder if there might not be something else.  It works well enough, but it's not portable.  So I'm wondering what, if anything, the rest of you prefer - and why, of course  :tellme:.  Portability would be important, but not necessarily a killer.  Yeah, I could find any number via search, but I really don't want to go through eleventy-seven programs when I can find more appropriate - and effective -  ;) opinions here  :P.  

Edit:  nice to have pre-populated stuff, but mostly for mine own devises  :P.

justice:
I prefer version controlled libraries to code snippets, I haven't used any for years, should I?

barney:
I prefer version controlled libraries to code snippets, I haven't used any for years, should I?
-justice (June 13, 2012, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I suspect that's as much a matter of taste as of circumstance.  If you're in a fixed [spatial] position, or can rely upon always having network access, a VCS could work, especially if you're part of a team.  However, if you're solo, hopping around, frequently lack Internet access, then something on a stick would be a bit more tenable.

robinsiebler:
CherryTree - Here is a review

justice:
I suspect that's as much a matter of taste as of circumstance.  If you're in a fixed [spatial] position, or can rely upon always having network access, a VCS could work, especially if you're part of a team.  However, if you're solo, hopping around, frequently lack Internet access, then something on a stick would be a bit more tenable.
-barney (June 13, 2012, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's why there is distributed version control. Does not require network access, would fit fine on a stick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version