topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: presets for area capture  (Read 2896 times)

cactushead

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
presets for area capture
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Just installed but want to know if there is any way to set up preset areas to capture from.

I want to be able to simply capture the same pre-defined areas of my screen and not have to select an area every time.
Kind of like the Grab Repeat Last Size+Pos function is what I want to do but I want several user pre-defined areas that I can just select via keyboard shortcuts for fast capturing.

Is this possible using Screenshot Captor?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: presets for area capture
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:55 PM »
That's an interesting idea.. you can't currently do it with Screenshot Captor.. however you could do it with a commandline call to it's little brother, MiniCap:
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=2179.0

cactushead

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: presets for area capture
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:19 PM »
It's dissapointing that Screenshor Captor can't do this as it otherwise looked good :(

MiniCap could do some of what i want but it looks a bit more awkward to setup and change.
I can do it in my GFX software using scripts but like MinCap it's a little bit awkward.

However I just trialled the big name in screen capturing programs and I can setup pre-defined areas and grab them using simple keyboard shortcuts.

I looked at about 30 free capture programs but surprisingly none seem to offer this basic functionality.
I also found some paid versions that don't offer it and some that do however they cost about the same as the "big" name but offer less functionality.

So I suppose I'll just have to crack open the wallet  >:(

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.