Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 04:51:08 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: presets for area capture  (Read 999 times)
cactushead
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »

Just installed but want to know if there is any way to set up preset areas to capture from.

I want to be able to simply capture the same pre-defined areas of my screen and not have to select an area every time.
Kind of like the Grab Repeat Last Size+Pos function is what I want to do but I want several user pre-defined areas that I can just select via keyboard shortcuts for fast capturing.

Is this possible using Screenshot Captor?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »

That's an interesting idea.. you can't currently do it with Screenshot Captor.. however you could do it with a commandline call to it's little brother, MiniCap:
http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=2179.0
cactushead
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »

It's dissapointing that Screenshor Captor can't do this as it otherwise looked good Sad

MiniCap could do some of what i want but it looks a bit more awkward to setup and change.
I can do it in my GFX software using scripts but like MinCap it's a little bit awkward.

However I just trialled the big name in screen capturing programs and I can setup pre-defined areas and grab them using simple keyboard shortcuts.

I looked at about 30 free capture programs but surprisingly none seem to offer this basic functionality.
I also found some paid versions that don't offer it and some that do however they cost about the same as the "big" name but offer less functionality.

So I suppose I'll just have to crack open the wallet  Angry

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.02 ]