ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Generate sequential serial numbers

(1/7) > >>

pagebooks:
I need a script which on invocation will write a six digit serial number which is the preceding invocation's value incremented by a fixed integer. Presumably the initial (starting serial number) and the increment could be set by editing the script. It is not necessary that the most recent serial number be remembered between machine shut downs.

If someone could provide me with such a script I'd be exceedingly appreciative.

Josh

skwire:
Hello, pagebooks, and welcome to DonationCoder.  Now, when you say "write a six digit serial number," do you mean you want to 1) press a hotkey and then 2) have the script send the keystrokes of the generated serial number wherever the text caret is?

pagebooks:
Yes that's exactly what I want. . . and when I press that hotkey again it will send the keystrokes of the previous number incremented by a fixed integer.

Many thanks for your reply,

Josh

skwire:
Are you familiar with AutoHotkey scripting?  If so, here's a simple script that does what you want.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---mySerial := 1myFactor := 2 ^g:: ; Ctrl+G, change to whatever you want.{    SendInput, % mySerial    mySerial += myFactor}Return

Shades:
@skwire:
You just made his homework... :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version