ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Compare locations and remove duplicate folders

<< < (3/5) > >>

yksyks:
Autechre folders are different in "A" and "B", the subfolders are different (Amber vs Anti EP). So imagine if theses "Autechre" were marked as duplicates, they would be removed in "B", no matter if the subfolders are different.
This is why I say folders without files shouldn't be compared.
-dikiz (June 11, 2012, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, I see. I didn't notice the difference. I'm afraid this is not possible in ZTree, because in the above described case you compare the names of directories only, regardless of theirs contents. I though that's what you wanted. If you need to compare the complete subdirectories structure, it would require a recursive approach, or whatnot. Or just one level would be enough? However, there are other comparing options in ZTree, try them out.

dikiz:
To avoid that "Autechre" folders and such are marked as duplicate, I thought it would work if the possibility was given to mark a folder as duplicate only if it contains a file or more.
Folders with only subfolders inside would not count.

But I guess it would work also to work at a +1 level ! Most of the folders I have to handle are at this level:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/251882/mp3.txt

4wd:
4wd, do you know if there's a way so that FreeCommanderXE will scan and compare subfolders too?-dikiz (June 11, 2012, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not AFAIK, sorry.

It's the filemanager I use when my normal one isn't available, (Directory Opus), but the XE version is technically still beta ATM - so you could pass along a request to the developer.

dikiz:
Well my need is so specific that I doubt something actually exists. And since it's one shot need, I've started to do it manually. A long way to go, several months I guess, of 2511 folders to check :-)

skwire:
You know, it wouldn't take much at all to write a script that would spit out a text listing of the differences between two folder's folder names.  That being said, I'd really rather not make the script automatically delete anything, etc.  You'd then, at least, have a list of folder names to reference instead of going about it manually.  Would something like that be acceptable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version