ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Abnormal Program Termination

(1/3) > >>

rfduck:
Whenever I either a) close Launchbar Commander or b) exit the preferences window, I get an error message.  Nothing seems to be harmed when I restart the program again, but something does seem to be wrong.  I am running the portable version on my PC, if that makes any difference, and I tried reinstalling the program with the same result.  Any ideas on what is going on?  I have attached screenshots of the error messages.

mouser:
I am running the portable version on my PC, if that makes any difference,
--- End quote ---

i wonder if it's having a hard time saving it's settings.
do the changes you make in the preferences stick?

did you edit configdir.ini to make it save its settings in a writable directory? if you try running it as admin, do you still get the error?

rfduck:
Running as admin solves the problem!  Thanks Mouser.

mouser:
well.. i wasn't suggesting that you have to run it as admin -- you should be able to run it as any user.
BUT the fact that error goes away when you run as admin suggests to me that my hunch was correct that the problem is related to not having write permission for its settings file.

check your configdir.ini file since you say you are running it portably; make sure it can save its settings files where you are telling it to.

rfduck:
In the configdir.ini, I have PORTABLE=TRUE uncommented.  I have tried making CONFIGDIR= set to . and set to the actual program path, neither of which make the abnormal program termination prompt go away.  What am I doing wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version