ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

C++ Builder Contest Webpage is Live

<< < (2/2)

martyjn:
I downloaded the bcb 6 trial (i am still using dial up) took 12.5 hours all up and i am re writing my entry using it the program will have a simple chat program that links to games (norts and crosses,chess,checkers,what ever else i can think of before entry) to run over a tcp/ip socket connection with one acting as the server and a second acting as the client.

mouser:
looking forward to seeing it martyjn :)

app103:
Borland never offered a non-expiring free personal edition of C++ Builder 6 for download on their site. You had to find a magazine with a CD or buy a CD from them.

But they did allow it to be offered by Nokia as part of a free Symbian Series 60 SDK download.

Go grab a copy before it's gone!

Just click "I agree" and the download will begin and you will have a copy of C++ Builder 6 Personal Edition, that will never expire on you:

http://ncsp.forum.nokia.com/csp//?body=eula;asset_id=206;ref=

Carol Haynes:
Good find, but it is entitled "Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60, Nokia Edition"

Have you actually downloaded and installed it? Is it the same as the PE edition or are there bits not associated for dev. mobile apps (like desktop libraries etc.) missing?

Carol Haynes:
I have downlaoded it and installed it.

You need to unpack the ZIP file (it creates a root folder for itself).

There is an installer that installs loads of unnecessary stuff (in the "INSTALL" folder) but if you go into the "BCB6_MobileEdition" folder instead you can simply install C++ Builder 6 PE without all the mobile nonsense.

Good find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version