ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If you are a LinkedIn/Last.FM/eHarmony user, then change your password pronto.

<< < (3/5) > >>

daddydave:
The leakedin website lets you type in your password, and it will check to see if it has been leaked by linkedin. I say don't type your passwords into any other website than the one it belongs to.
-justice (June 07, 2012, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
When I read your earlier message, I thought your parenthetical "(leakedin)" was referring to LinkedIn, since your message came not long after IainB's humorous remark about LinkedIn changing its name to LeakedIn.   Now I see I was mistaken.  I totally agree with your advice about not typing a password into sites other than the one it belongs to.  Though LeakedIn is probably legitimate, there's always the possibility that it or a similar site may really be intent on gathering people's passwords, passwords typed in without even the protection that serious encryption offers.
-cyberdiva (June 07, 2012, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I took it that way, too. but this reminded me of one of my longtime annoyances with LinkedIn. It asks for your email login at the top of the page. At least once, I have mistaken this for an indication that I was not logged into LinkedIn and logged in with my email password by mistake. I'm not sure, maybe it used to have the password field right on the page instead of the Continue button.

IainB:
...At least once, I have mistaken this for an indication that I was not logged into LinkedIn...
-daddydave (June 07, 2012, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I noticed that too. Ruddy annoying cheek. I am not giving them my email contacts list to sell/spam.

cyberdiva:
Yes, I noticed that too. Ruddy annoying cheek. I am not giving them my email contacts list to sell/spam.
-IainB (June 07, 2012, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, both LinkedIn and Facebook ask me for my email login and password.  Fat chance!  What surprises me is how many people do provide this information willingly.

Renegade:
Thanks for the heads up. Changed. :(

Why must people run around being destructive? Can't they find something better to do?

Deozaan:
I had a LinkedIn account but I deleted it a couple months ago. I wonder if I need to be concerned about this... :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version