ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If you are a LinkedIn/Last.FM/eHarmony user, then change your password pronto.

(1/5) > >>

IainB:
EDIT 2012-06-08 2320hrs NZT
Included: Passwords Stolen From Last.FM, eHarmony And LinkedIn [Updates]

===============================
Original post:
In case you haven't read about it, there has apparently been a huge leak of LinkedIn passwords by a Russian hacker.
Examples:

* LinkedIn confirms 6.5 million passwords leaked: report - msnbc.com
* LeakedIn
Changing your LinkedIn password now is a precaution against the risk that someone may use your LinkedIn account or ID - if yours is amongst the 6.5M.

To my knowledge, this is the second time something like this has happened at LinkedIn. The last time was on 2010-12-14, when LinkedIn emailed members telling them to change their passwords.

I hear that there is a rumour that LinkedIn may be considering changing its name to "LeakedIn".    ;)

rgdot:
One of the few social (or whatever you call these) that I never signed up for. Finding careers through someone having access to my resume or 'professional activities' scares me. Finding a job or even networking is not the same as me posting a link or chatting on twitter/facebook/G+.

justice:
Don't type your password into random websites (leakedin)

daddydave:
To my knowledge, this is the second time something like this has happened at LinkedIn. The last time was on 2010-12-14, when LinkedIn emailed members telling them to change their passwords.
-IainB (June 06, 2012, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

IIRC, the first time was due to a gawker.com breach, and they were advising that as a precaution in case the same password was used on their site.

cyberdiva:
Don't type your password into random websites (leakedin)
-justice (June 07, 2012, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Justice.  I'm not really sure what you mean.  Do you mean "enter your password some other way rather than typing it in"?  Or do you mean that LinkedIn (which I agreed to join and for which I have set a specific password) is a "random website"??  :tellme:   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version