ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's a Google world

<< < (3/3)

TaoPhoenix:

Good enough that I don't use Google anyway. I've used Startpage or the related Ixquick (one day when startpage was misbehaving on me). Not many ads there.

Jibz:
I'm not sure why you think this is a personal problem, it's not my screenshot :) maybe read the articles :)
-justice (June 07, 2012, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably because with the hline and everything the links at the bottom of your post look more like a signature to me than part of the post :-[.

Josh:
Does anyone know how to remove the "google ads" from the results listings using either ABP or ad muncher?

4wd:
Yikes. They must also have some kind of location thing using your IP address by region because when I type "pizza" I get *eight* listings for local restaurants in my town! I'm not even logged in to any Google services!   :o-TaoPhoenix (June 07, 2012, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

They've had IP based ads for years - although I don't normally see them due to Firefox addons.

Does anyone know how to remove the "google ads" from the results listings using either ABP or ad muncher?-Josh (June 07, 2012, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here's mine for AdBlock:

It's a Google world

It's a Google world

And when you open AdBlocks Blockable Items list, I have:

It's a Google world

The three items blocked are: Bottom Ads, Right-Hand-Side Column and Top Ads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version