topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FreewareGenius on Free online courses from the top 40 colleges in the US  (Read 6619 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FreewareGenius has a big comprehensive article on free online academic courses:

Online-education-illustration2.jpg

Online education is ubiquitous, it seems, and has a lot to recommend it, such as the convenience of learning when and where you want, and the fact that there are so many free courses out there. However, many online schools seem like they suddenly came out of nowhere, as if created yesterday by a committee of MBA types. The good news is that most brick and mortar schools now have online programs, including most of the best universities in America, and many offer online courses that are 100% free to take.

This post will list the top 40 US universities and present you with the free-for-all online education resources that each college (and/or members of it’s faculty) has on offer. This article aims to be the most comprehensive list of online education resources for the top colleges in America.

Source: http://www.freewareg...-colleges-in-the-us/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:35 PM by mouser »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Cool! Thanks for posting that.

I've been using the Khan Academy to brush up on some calculus and math and to start learning some theory on magnetism, etc.

http://www.khanacademy.org/

Looks like there's lots out there. I'll be checking out some of those free courses over the next bit! I've been wanting to learn more about electrical engineering and the like.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker