topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Beyond Sync Standard 4.3 - FREE offer on GOTD (expired after 4th June)  (Read 3575 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Just a note to say that I had downloaded, installed and trialled this app. on an earlier offer on 17th May.
I already use the most excellent FreeFileSync (see the DCF mini-review here), and so did not need another file sync app., but what interested me about BSS was that it claimed to be able to do real-time sync - i.e., detect when a "watched" file/folder had been changed and immediately sync it to another drive/directory. I wanted to be able to capture/backup all incremental updated versions of some particular files, to verify the changes made to each file from its preceding version.
Anyway, BSS seemed to work OK as a file sync, but I couldn't for the life of me get the real-time sync to work at all. Spent quite a bit of time on it too.
Gave up, defeated. Not sure what - if anything - I was doing wrong.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is just an update and a pointer to something potentially more helpful/useful.
Beyond Sync or BeyondSync couldn't seem to do the real-time syncing that it claimed.
Since that (real-time syncing) became a mandatory ("must-have") requirement for me, I gave BeyondSync up and uninstalled it from my laptop, and focussed my attentions on FreeFileSync.

After reading the FreeFileSync Help document and playing about with the FreeFileSync RealTimeSync module, I have tested and proven that this module works - and it works very well.    :Thmbsup:

I have added this as a note to the FreeFileSync - automated backup - Mini-Review