ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

scan and seperate

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello!

I want to load a pack of papers to a sheetfed scanner, but each document must be seperated

how can I do this?

is there a way to make it automatic, instead of me spliting manually the scans?

I saw some apps that require to place pages with barcodes between the documents, but are too much expensive

any cheaper or free solution, or a program I already own (Abbyy, etc) or any totally alternative solution?

thanks!

Ath:
ScreenShotCaptor does have a nice Scanner option, you just have to enable it from preferences, and probably set some options to your likings.

4wd:
FlashJet Scan might let you do this, (you may have to click the scan button each time) - it's free and will scan to a PDF, (and optionally organise them into folders).

You need .NET 3.5.

mouser:
is there a way to make it automatic, instead of me spliting manually the scans?
--- End quote ---

thinking outside the box, if you are saying you have a tool that will scan a bunch of pages using your automatic document feeder that you are happy with, and that the only problem is it combines them all into one pdf..

then just let it do that, and use a simple tool to take a pdf file and extract each page to a separate pdf file -- surely they exist.

tomos:
It seems to me that some of these document/PDF organisers *should* be able to do this. You know the type of app aimed at a paperless office, e.g. PaperPort. Unfortunately I dont have any experience with any of them myself.

(I presume you've looked at your scanner driver options/settings.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version