ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Single click focus, double click bring to front

<< < (5/6) > >>

tomos:
Is there a technical reason as to why this is difficult?-bendecker (November 03, 2012, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, actually, there is.  What you want, at its most basic, is easy to code.  What I mean is that it's fairly trivial to make single and double-clicking do what you request.  The hard part is not affecting all the other things that single and double-clicking already do in Window, e.g., selecting files, opening apps, single/double clicking titlebars, etc.  Does that make sense?
-skwire (November 03, 2012, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would it be possible if, instead of single and double clicks, you used e.g.
single-click and control click -
or
giving both clicks qualifier keys
?

Ath:
Hm, still the same limitations imposed by Windows apply: A window that has focus is the top-most Window, unless other windows having the 'Always on top' attribute are covering it.

So, AFAICS, the only way of achieving your goal will be playing with that on-top attribute of all other windows covering the intended window. Hm, still sounds dodgy.
And I still don't understand the use-case either :huh:

(I think Katmouse can have problems on win7)
-tomos (November 04, 2012, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've been using KatMouse on Win7 x64 for as long as I run that (3 years and a bit now), and I use 1 or 2 apps that have specific mouse-handling that don't like KatMouse, so I excluded them, but it works like a charm for the rest of the system & applications.

Tinman57:
I've searched high and low for one unsuccessfully. If you can find the name of the app, I would really appreciate it!

Or... anyone want to code it? Please? :)-bendecker (November 03, 2012, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just went to PCWorld to look for that file.  Imagine my surprise when I found that PCWorld did away with their downloads!  I've been using PCW services since the W-95 days, looks like I'm going to have to find other sites now.  It's a shame.....  Probably afraid they're going to get sued with all these take-down notices crap....

vulture_-g7:
So, I thought I'd check my request after some time and I'm surprised others want it too :) Not surprised they're coming from the amigaland as I am :p So, how about my original request, but on will ie pressing a hotkey to toggle this kind of behaviour - I believe that'd solve any problem, what do you think guys?

bendecker:
Still looking for someone to code this. Anyone...? Is it really THAT hard on Windows? I am more than willing to pay someone for their time to make this happen. Thanks!

-Ben

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version