ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Single click focus, double click bring to front

<< < (4/6) > >>

Tinman57:
Anyone...? Anyone...? Is there a technical reason as to why this is difficult? I'm happy to pay someone who knows what he/she is doing to code this utility.

Anyone...?
-bendecker (November 03, 2012, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not positive, but I remember seeing an app on either PCWorld.com or ZDnet that does exactly what you are talking about.

BTW, I still have my old Amiga 500 in the closet, still in the original box.  lol

bendecker:
I've searched high and low for one unsuccessfully. If you can find the name of the app, I would really appreciate it!

Or... anyone want to code it? Please? :)

skwire:
Is there a technical reason as to why this is difficult?-bendecker (November 03, 2012, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, actually, there is.  What you want, at its most basic, is easy to code.  What I mean is that it's fairly trivial to make single and double-clicking do what you request.  The hard part is not affecting all the other things that single and double-clicking already do in Window, e.g., selecting files, opening apps, single/double clicking titlebars, etc.  Does that make sense?

cmpm:
Wizmouse will do this-

1. Hover makes a window active, but does not bring it to the front

2. Single Click makes a window active and brings it to the front.

And it will enable scrolling on inactive windows when hovering.

http://antibody-software.com/web/software/software/wizmouse-makes-your-mouse-wheel-work-on-the-window-under-the-mouse/

edit-
click the 'zip' to download, save yourself unwanted trouble

tomos:
Wizmouse works the same as Katmouse (I think Katmouse can have problems on win7).
I presume the advantage of the original request is that you could e.g. open a file from a window even while it is not on top.

Neither Wizmouse nor Katmouse allow that kind of thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version