ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Single click focus, double click bring to front

<< < (2/6) > >>

bendecker:
Is there a simple way to do that in windows XP? Im not aware of one.

AndyM:
Nothing built in that I know of, but most all macro/scripting/filemanager utilities include the ability to keep a window on top regardless of focus.

I use AutoHotkey and MacroExpress for stuff like this, one is usually easier than the other for any particular thing.  In this case I use MacroExpress for keyboard shortcuts and mouse shortcuts that turn AlwaysOnTop on and off, pretty much one-line macros.

There's an AutoHotkey command that will do this.  You could easily assign turning this on or off for the focused window with two hotkeys.  A toggle using only one hotkey would take an extra few lines of code - you'd have to check the status of the current window and then reverse it.  If instead of a keyboard shortcut you want a mouse click on a window part, that's so easy in Macro Express that I never learned how to do that in AutoHotkey.

MilesAhead:
I have a free one.  See Topmost Toggle on my Hotkeys Page

Activate a window by clicking normally on it, if it's not active already. Then hotkey on the window to toggle the Topmost attribute. A tooltip pops up quickly to show the current state after you hotkey. It also has a couple of other window functions. See About Box for usage.

AndyM:
There you go, Topmost Toggle should do the trick.

tomos:
you might be aware of katmouse -
I used use it in XP to scroll windows that dont have focus. I *think* it also *might* have had an option to keep window on top (I know I had that option on xp but not sure how).
I'd recommend Katmouse anyways ;) :)

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

For what purpose do you want the Window to get focus? Mouse-wheel scrolling ?
-Ath (October 01, 2012, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version