ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

which programming language is most powerful in automating/interacting with MS Wi

<< < (2/2)

JoTo:
Hi there,

+1 from me for AutoIt. You can get your hands on windows and controls of every standard GUI app. You can modify it or send messages to interact. You can simulate keypresses and mouseclicks. You can also use ever WINAPI function or 3rd party DLL functions too.

AHK can do the same too.

Why i prefer AutoIt? Because AutoIt is a "real programming language" and not a syntax mess like AHK. Sorry, AHK lovers. But maintainability of AHK scripts are a real pain with that cryptic syntax, while AutoIt looks more like a standard programming language.

Where AHK shows its strength is, when it comes to do really geeky things. I saw a few things done in AHK i was not able to reproduce very easily (without using WinAPI or whatever) in AutoIt. But still i prefer readabilty and easy syntax over geekiness.

Just my 2ct.
JoTo

Shades:
Don't go for PowerShell. it is indeed awesome to stuff with in the background without (too much) user interaction. That is where PS really shines. If you still want to go the PS way you can download an IDE for PowerShell from DevFarm software (both a free and a pay version).

I used the free version for a pet project of mine and it made my life quite a lot easier. Having said that, the PS environment is not the most user friendly i.e. you have to get used to it.

Hence I would concur with previous posters, think about AutoIt and AHK first before considering PowerShell.

robinsiebler:
AutoIt has a Graphical Debugger, which is awesome!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version