ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bionic71:
I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.
--- End quote ---

Vice versa these persons joining should they be disgusted from bloggers collecting revenues per their behalf?
Emails collected for vendors to be used for other promotions & offers?
Most Bloggers getting revenues from ads & traffic.

These persons participating you're disgusted by tweet,mention your blog... No reason to be disgusted, it's a Win Win scenario for everyone.
---

However, would be nice seeing participants actually try application before they speak.
"I'm in" "Count me in"  truly boring.. Add rules & eliminate contestants/remarks like that.

Jibz:
However, would be nice seeing participants actually try application before they speak.
"I'm in" "Count me in"  truly boring.. Add rules & eliminate contestants/remarks like that.
-Bionic71 (June 10, 2012, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you have to be careful about that, it could reward artificial comments. For instance, my post there was just a "thanks for the review" type reply, and that was because I didn't have anything I felt was useful to add about the software itself, that was not answered by the review and me trying it.

If I had to write some contrived question or commentary to be eligible to enter, I would probably have passed :-[.

I have seen contests in the past where the posts had to answer a question, like "describe how you would use it if you won" -- it works well in some cases, and in others not.

What I would find more annoying, is if it were the same 25 people who post something every time, and end up winning over and over.

sujay85:
I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.
--- End quote ---

Vice versa these persons joining should they be disgusted from bloggers collecting revenues per their behalf?
Emails collected for vendors to be used for other promotions & offers?
Most Bloggers getting revenues from ads & traffic.

These persons participating you're disgusted by tweet,mention your blog... No reason to be disgusted, it's a Win Win scenario for everyone.
---
-Bionic71 (June 10, 2012, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, you are right in that.  8) I only dislike guys whose hobby is joining any running contests and I am almost sure that they are not going to use most. Since they are hobbyists and spammers, they will cope up to any level for entering the contest. This is my experience in Insights in Technology and in Techno360 blog. I've also experimented with making hard rules like "use the trial and post a screenshot of that" but as Jibz told this discourage also genuine entrants. So, my goal was to increase the number of entrants to reduce the probability of winning of the hobbyists. :P

IainB:
...I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.
-sujay85 (June 01, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
It is possible, of course, that the approach of turning the thing into a sort of promotional contest in the first place might not have been such a good idea...the law of unintended consequences, etc.
So, maybe try a new/different approach?
Whatever approach you took would presumably need to be geared towards something that you wanted to achieve, whilst at the same time avoiding the things that you didn't want that might have already shown up from earlier approaches.
If you did not change the approach, then the outcome could logically be expected to continue to be the same.

For example, how might you improve target focus?:

* (a) What/who is the target market/audience?
* (b) How do you define the members of that audience?
* (c) How do you establish what medium you can employ to surely communicate via, to reach them and to engage their attention and/or cognitive surplus?
* (d) What are they likely to currently think about the product? (Now-think.)
* (e) What do you want them to think about the product? (Want-to-think.)
* (f) What do you need to demonstrate/prove, or what steps do you need to take, to enable them to move from Now-think to Want-to-think?
Sorry for the hotch-potch. It's all "off the top of my head". Just some thoughts.

erikts:
Winners announced.. ;)
-sujay85 (June 09, 2012, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I am very lucky this time. Reading two nice review of software I need (thanks to IainB and sujay85) and then winning the contest.  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version