topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Clipstory (Access Your Full History of Clipboard Items) 100% Off at BitsDuJour  (Read 8548 times)

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Clipstory (Access Your Full History of Clipboard Items) 100% Off at BitsDuJour

Clipstory
Access Your Full History of Clipboard Items

On any given day, you copy and paste so many items that you probably don't even think about it. But just imagine how much more productive you'd be if you could copy and paste more than a single item to the Windows clipboard at a time! Clipstory gives you that exact functionality, and so much more.

With Clipstory, every item you copy to the clipboard is saved in a history file. Later on, you can quickly cycle through your entire history of copied text, files, images, audio and binary data! Not only does Clipstory allow quick access to frequently used clips, you also have the ability to tag items, see extra details about each clip, and save clipped items to disk.

But wait, it gets better! You can set up Clipstory to automatically save clipped items to folders based on their data type, even going as far as to instantly convert image files to your desired format!

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
@erikts: Thankyou for posting about Clipstory. I had never seen it before.
Having downloaded it and played about with it for a while, I can report that it has some unique and nifty features that I have been looking for, for a l-o-n-g time.    :Thmbsup:    :Thmbsup:    :Thmbsup:

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yea, I was just tinkering with it as well.  The "Listeners" feature is interesting.  It doesn't provide a pop-up list of clips though.  It only shows you one at a time and you have to use the arrow keys to cycle through them.... 
I think I like Mouser's Clipboard Help+Spell better....

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks erikts, I have a few clipboard programs and it's always cool to see how each one can be useful.
I don't run them all at the same time, but knowing that I have the ability to change to certain ones for specific purposes is nice to have.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yea...  Actually I have several installed as well.
ClipX is probably the one I've "gone back to" the most times...   :P

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I also have tried several clipboard tools but I only use PureText in regular basis.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm another person who has tried several clip managers, but none I've tried has come close to ClipMate, which has been my favorite for more than (gasp) 15 years.  Unfortunately, ClipMate's developer seems to have disappeared from the forum and, perhaps, from working on the software as well.  So while I continue to use and value ClipMate, I'm now keeping my eyes open for an eventual replacement.  I took advantage of the BitsduJour offer for Clipstory, but I haven't (yet) installed it.  But belated thanks, erikts, for calling attention to the offer.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think I like Mouser's Clipboard Help+Spell better....
+1 for that. I'd probably be lost without CHS.    :Thmbsup:
But that doesn't mean that Clipstory doesn't have some rather unique and useful features.
I am currently trying to see how I can use them both together to improve my "Clipboarding" data management overall.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Let me know if you guys see features that you think i need to add to CHS.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Let me know if you guys see features that you think i need to add to CHS.
Thanks! I shall give you some feedback on this after examining Clipstory.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The ability to arbitrarily assign a color to an explorer item is interesting--though I'm not sure what I'd use if for.

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I once purchased a Clipmate license about 7 years ago (maybe), but ended up de-installing it much sooner than expected because it slowed down my PC considerably.  I did test several newer versions and still had the same problem.

I'm another person who has tried several clip managers, but none I've tried has come close to ClipMate, which has been my favorite for more than (gasp) 15 years.  Unfortunately, ClipMate's developer seems to have disappeared from the forum and, perhaps, from working on the software as well.  So while I continue to use and value ClipMate, I'm now keeping my eyes open for an eventual replacement.  I took advantage of the BitsduJour offer for Clipstory, but I haven't (yet) installed it.  But belated thanks, erikts, for calling attention to the offer.