topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IndieRoyale Graduation Bundle  (Read 3738 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
IndieRoyale Graduation Bundle
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:27 PM »
A less-than-stellar (IMO) offering this time from Indie Royale's Graduation Bundle.

Featuring:

The Void
Dead Pixels
The Ship
1000 Amps
LaserCat
AirMech

The only game here that slightly interests me is AirMech which is actually a F2P game, so there's no need to pay for it unless you're one of those weirdos that buys stuff in F2P games.

Get the bundle at http://www.indieroyale.com/

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IndieRoyale Graduation Bundle
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:32 PM »
I just noticed that if you pay $7 or more you can also get the Cheap Dinosaurs chiptune album. I've only heard one song from that album (Stroll) but I really like it and always wondered where to find the rest of the album. I'm almost tempted to get the bundle just for the album but then I realized I could just buy the album alone for $6 directly from Cheap Dinosaurs.

Composed on a Nintendo gameboy rigged with a sequencing cartridge, the album expertly moves from jazzy bit-scapes to algorithmic grooves that are equally suited for adventure, research- and romance. The suite of nine songs are at once challenging and rewarding, propelling Cheap Dinosaurs own brand of chip-music to the forefront of experimental pop.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:06 PM »
I finally got around to listening to the entire Cheap Dinosaurs album and I found it to be mostly annoying. That's too bad.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Not the most inspiring bunch of games (unless you are into retro 70s style arcade games).

I can see why you wanted to play AirMech - not my sort of game though. What's with the Google Chrome frisbee in the trailer?

Actually the two that appeal to me are The Void (though it will probably be disappointing) and Ichi (which at least looks quirky and different).

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51 PM »
I can see why you wanted to play AirMech - not my sort of game though. What's with the Google Chrome frisbee in the trailer?
-Carol Haynes (June 01, 2012, 10:01 PM)

I'm not sure, but maybe the fact that AirMech has been available on the Chrome Web Store for a few months already has something to do with it?