Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 21, 2014, 07:09:37 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook drops chrome support...Possibly purchasing Opera  (Read 948 times)
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:11:49 AM »

It is beginning to look like Facebook’s management and development team are abandoning Google Chrome support. As of today, Facebook’s “unsupported web browsers” page has removed the Google’s web browser and replaced it with Opera.

The choice Facebook has made regarding supporting Opera may not be as farfetched as you may think due to the Social Network’s rumored plans to acquire Opera. This recent change in browser support definitely emphasises on some form of Facebook to Opera relation, so the rumour behind the acquisition could be true.

Source

Strength in Knowledge
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »

Interesting. I sure would love to get back to using Opera smiley

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:16:01 AM »

Interesting. I sure would love to get back to using Opera smiley

You're dead to me! ;-)

Strength in Knowledge
nosh
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »

Opera is an amazing app for loading sites to capture screenshots (much more secure than Firefox). I don't have to worry about what's in the (Firefox) bookmarks toolbar or what I searched for last (using Firefox). For normal browsing, I prefer Firefox. /troll
Paul Keith

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »

Surprised with the number of comments for this on that blog. This seemed like old news in TechCrunch and only a few people commented on it.

...then again I could never understand these new FB plugins type of comments. Never sure if there's some hidden thousands of comments there or just the 1 or 2 I see when the article first loads.

<reserve space for the day DC can auto-generate your signature from your personal PopUp Wisdom quotes>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.06 ]