ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook drops chrome support...Possibly purchasing Opera

(1/1)

Josh:
It is beginning to look like Facebook’s management and development team are abandoning Google Chrome support. As of today, Facebook’s “unsupported web browsers” page has removed the Google’s web browser and replaced it with Opera.

The choice Facebook has made regarding supporting Opera may not be as farfetched as you may think due to the Social Network’s rumored plans to acquire Opera. This recent change in browser support definitely emphasises on some form of Facebook to Opera relation, so the rumour behind the acquisition could be true.
--- End quote ---

Source

jgpaiva:
Interesting. I sure would love to get back to using Opera :)

Josh:
Interesting. I sure would love to get back to using Opera :)
-jgpaiva (May 31, 2012, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're dead to me! ;-)

nosh:
Opera is an amazing app for loading sites to capture screenshots (much more secure than Firefox). I don't have to worry about what's in the (Firefox) bookmarks toolbar or what I searched for last (using Firefox). For normal browsing, I prefer Firefox. /troll

Paul Keith:
Surprised with the number of comments for this on that blog. This seemed like old news in TechCrunch and only a few people commented on it.

...then again I could never understand these new FB plugins type of comments. Never sure if there's some hidden thousands of comments there or just the 1 or 2 I see when the article first loads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version