ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Charity?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
Does anyone know of a kind of charity where software developers can donate licenses?

I was just thinking about ways that I can help others, and that was one of them.

Giving money directly is often hard, but quite often we can donate some of the products of our labor, and, so, well, that was the thought.

joiwind:
Very nice thought renegade - but I don't know of any such charities ...

daddydave:
First thought, not knowing what type of software you mean, are there charities that will instantly realize they need your software or is this a bit of a "coincidence of wants" problem? You may need to spend some time talking to a favorite charity to either do a little "marketing" (even though..) or find out what they need and then write new software accordingly that they and similar charities can use.

Not that I have any expertise in this area, I'm just trying to flesh out the question a little more.

app103:
You might try contacting a charity that refurbishes used computers for distribution to low income families or inner city schools and find out what kind of stuff they need. If you can help them out, that might be the way to go.

Gwen7:
some of what you do could work well with something like this: www.gngnca.org

why not see if there is something like Guitars Not Guns where you are. it's always best to start local when it comes to charity giving and branch out from there. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version