ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Animal Friends thread

<< < (36/80) > >>

mouser:
The dog sniffed the dead fish (touching his nose to the fish) which was so putrescently odiferous that he was trying to scrub his nose clean on the wet pavement.
--- End quote ---

i don't think that's even a remotely plausible description of the dog's behavior.

mouser:
A more reasonable alternative explanation for the behavior that many on the youtube thread are suggesting, is that the dog is trying to "bury" the fish, the way dogs bury other kinds of food (videos available on youtube).

tomos:
^at least one of the fish was still alive, and they were presumably caught at the same time - which would rule out the bad smell theory :-)

40hz:
A more reasonable alternative explanation for the behavior that many on the youtube thread are suggesting, is that the dog is trying to "bury" the fish, the way dogs bury other kinds of food (videos available on youtube).
-mouser (August 18, 2014, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. :Thmbsup:

I had a dog that would sometimes try to "bury" his food dish with his nose. He'd drag his nose across the linoleum floor so firmly it would squeak when he did. After several tries with the uncooperative floor, he'd eventually give up and just finish what was in his dish.

Deozaan:
The dog sniffed the dead fish (touching his nose to the fish) which was so putrescently odiferous that he was trying to scrub his nose clean on the wet pavement.
--- End quote ---

i don't think that's even a remotely plausible description of the dog's behavior.
-mouser (August 18, 2014, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry. I forgot to include this: :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version