topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cant "Grab selected area" when Screenshot Captor main window open  (Read 4953 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If I open Screenshot Captor's main window, change focus to another window, and then attempt to make a screenshot of a selected area, the focus goes back to the SC window.
i.e. I can only sucessfully take screenshots of selected area when SC main window is closed.

I'm using the full screen crosshairs & preview box but I've experienced this bug since well before they were introduced (but not sure exactly how long).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm going to have to look into this, but a question: On the "Pre-Capture Options" tab, do you have "Hide Main Window" unchecked? Try checking it if so.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
On the "Pre-Capture Options" tab, do you have "Hide Main Window" unchecked? Try checking it if so.

that works, thanks mouser :up:
Ideally, would be nice if it were possible to keep it open, but I'm happy now - I always forget to close it manually.

[2] Another minor related bug:
with "Hide Main Window" checked, if I press escape before taking a screenshot of selected arrea, the SC window jumps to the front.

Dunno whether this any help:
If I check  "Hide Main Window", and then uncheck it shortly later, it works mostly as expected (it needs a restart to change back to bug-behaviour described in previous post). i.e. SC stays in the background. But same problem as [2] above
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Today:
(with "Hide Window" selected)
I take a screenshot - any method, the screenshot is successful - but afterwards the SC window jumps to the front. I did change settings today to "stay minimized" (and show tray-tip was already selected).
Again, I've experienced this before with these settings.

At the moment I'll just try to remember to close the SC window, but if you want I can (happily) re-enable the relevant settings to test/check.
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So to confirm, SC is showing on screen when you perform the capture, and then jumps to front after the capture, right?

It sounds like a bug and I think I can reproduce it.. It only happens if the SC window is showing at the time of capture.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well I think I think there's three variations:

A. With "Hide Window" not selected:
If I open Screenshot Captor's main window, change focus to another window, and then attempt to make a screenshot of a selected area, the focus goes back to the SC window.
i.e. I can only sucessfully take screenshots of selected area when SC main window is closed.

B. with "Hide Main Window" checked:
if I press escape before taking a screenshot of selected arrea, the SC window jumps to the front.

C. with "Hide Window", "stay minimized" & "show tray-tip" selected, (also no "pop-up choice dialogue"):
I take a screenshot - any method, the screenshot is successful - but afterwards the SC window jumps to the front.
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And do i understand that in all of these cases where SC grabs the focus -- you would prefer it behave exactly as it is behaving, EXCEPT that SC should not grab focus, yes?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And do i understand that in all of these cases where SC grabs the focus -- you would prefer it behave exactly as it is behaving, EXCEPT that SC should not grab focus, yes?

Yes.
I think default behaviour should be for the SC window to stay in the background.

[A] is the biggest problem, cause I cannot actually take the screenshot.
With [B] & [C] there's no logic to the window coming to the front - especially with "Hide Window" checked.
Tom