Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 09:13:21 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cant "Grab selected area" when Screenshot Captor main window open  (Read 1999 times)
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:45 AM »

If I open Screenshot Captor's main window, change focus to another window, and then attempt to make a screenshot of a selected area, the focus goes back to the SC window.
i.e. I can only sucessfully take screenshots of selected area when SC main window is closed.

I'm using the full screen crosshairs & preview box but I've experienced this bug since well before they were introduced (but not sure exactly how long).

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:18:06 AM »

I'm going to have to look into this, but a question: On the "Pre-Capture Options" tab, do you have "Hide Main Window" unchecked? Try checking it if so.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »

On the "Pre-Capture Options" tab, do you have "Hide Main Window" unchecked? Try checking it if so.

that works, thanks mouser thumbs up
Ideally, would be nice if it were possible to keep it open, but I'm happy now - I always forget to close it manually.

[2] Another minor related bug:
with "Hide Main Window" checked, if I press escape before taking a screenshot of selected arrea, the SC window jumps to the front.

Dunno whether this any help:
If I check  "Hide Main Window", and then uncheck it shortly later, it works mostly as expected (it needs a restart to change back to bug-behaviour described in previous post). i.e. SC stays in the background. But same problem as [2] above

Tom
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

Today:
(with "Hide Window" selected)
I take a screenshot - any method, the screenshot is successful - but afterwards the SC window jumps to the front. I did change settings today to "stay minimized" (and show tray-tip was already selected).
Again, I've experienced this before with these settings.

At the moment I'll just try to remember to close the SC window, but if you want I can (happily) re-enable the relevant settings to test/check.

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »

So to confirm, SC is showing on screen when you perform the capture, and then jumps to front after the capture, right?

It sounds like a bug and I think I can reproduce it.. It only happens if the SC window is showing at the time of capture.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »

Well I think I think there's three variations:

A. With "Hide Window" not selected:
If I open Screenshot Captor's main window, change focus to another window, and then attempt to make a screenshot of a selected area, the focus goes back to the SC window.
i.e. I can only sucessfully take screenshots of selected area when SC main window is closed.

B. with "Hide Main Window" checked:
if I press escape before taking a screenshot of selected arrea, the SC window jumps to the front.

C. with "Hide Window", "stay minimized" & "show tray-tip" selected, (also no "pop-up choice dialogue"):
I take a screenshot - any method, the screenshot is successful - but afterwards the SC window jumps to the front.

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »

And do i understand that in all of these cases where SC grabs the focus -- you would prefer it behave exactly as it is behaving, EXCEPT that SC should not grab focus, yes?
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »

And do i understand that in all of these cases where SC grabs the focus -- you would prefer it behave exactly as it is behaving, EXCEPT that SC should not grab focus, yes?

Yes.
I think default behaviour should be for the SC window to stay in the background.

[A] is the biggest problem, cause I cannot actually take the screenshot.
With [B] & [C] there's no logic to the window coming to the front - especially with "Hide Window" checked.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.02 ]