ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Ability to take screenshot of Admin windows? (Win7+UAC)

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
I have the UAC set to the lowest level. (OS is Win7-64 Home Premium.)
I just tested this now: Under this setting SSC seems to have no problem in:

* capturing full screenshots (PrtSc)
* capturing active window screenshots (Alt+PrtSc)- of things such as (for example) Regedit windows.

AbteriX:
I had think you talk about capture the UAC prompt (ConsentUI) itself.
That is the only dialog on an separate desktop (Secure Desktop).
The started app then again is on the "normal" desktop and should be no problem to screen shot?

The sense of the UAC prompt is only to ask you if it is OK to use an token (think: ID-Card) with all rights,
instead of the token with just the default limited rights. (If you are in the admin group, you have more
rights then an limited user, but the "most powerful" rights are stripped out till you OK'ed the UAC prompt,
(or enter an admin password if you are an limited user) )
The desktop and the environment are the same for all your apps, started with or without UAC prompt.
Only for that UAC prompt itself there is an separate secure desktop to avoid malware hijacking and OK'ing without your intention.

tomos:
I had think you talk about capture the UAC prompt (ConsentUI) itself.
That is the only dialog on an separate desktop (Secure Desktop).
The started app then again is on the "normal" desktop and should be no problem to screen shot?-AbteriX (May 27, 2012, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay,
something weird is going on - it works today [now] - I *swear* it didnt work when I tried it before and I tried it a few times.

Now I've just tried it again and it doesnt work :huh:

Something very funny going on here - it seems to totally arbitrarily work or not - the Ctrl+prtScn seems to work every time (that's the one I use least so I may have not tried it before). Shift+prtScn worked once (above) but I cannot get it to work again. prtScn worked a couple of times, but doesnt work now again [edit] with SC I mean [/edit]

I have no idea what's going on here....

[edit] I've been doing most testing with Regedit [/edit]

tomos:
Here's as good as I can figure - can anyone reproduce this (Win.7, with UAC enabled) ?
Win.7 64 bit here. UAC at top-level.

Open Regedit
[1] Try Shift+prtScn (select area) - doesnt work here. Try prtScn - also doesnt work.
[2] Try Ctrl+prtScn (active window) DOES work.
[3] Try Shift+prtScn again (select area) - DOES work now
[4] AltTab to another window. AltTab back. Steps #1 no long works again...
[5] repeat the process (works the same way again).

cmpm:
Is SC opened with run as admin?
Close it and open it as admin.
Or.
Uninstall SC, and reinstall it as admin.

Just some thoughts you probably already thought of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version