ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Ability to take screenshot of Admin windows? (Win7+UAC)

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
Sorry I wasnt 100% clear.
Remember I have UAC at highest level:

I mean apps that require UAC approval to start.
-tomos (May 23, 2012, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

i.e. any app that require UAC approval to start (e.g. uninstaller, regedit, system restore, etc.) [edit] here, at any rate, I cannot take screenshots of these windows - again Remember I have UAC at highest level - I dont know if this is a problem with UAC at lower levels [/edit]

tomos:
I think tomos talk about this:

Found some time ago. Not tested yet.
-AbteriX (May 26, 2012, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

AFAICS they are basically disabling the security feature (Secure Desktop) set in place by UAC - which seems to defeat the whole purpose of UAC (?)

cmpm:
Have you tried the 'prtScn' key with those apps running?
If it works you can always crop your shot in SC's editor that can be selected after the shot.
Without disabling your preferred UAC setting.

AbteriX:
The posted solution is the second one from only two* i can imagine.
Because the Secure Desktop is exactly there for that very purpose: no other process is allowed run at this desktop.
If there were  such an work around, anyone could use an tool to click [OK] at the ConsentUI prompt too.

*The second is to use an VM to show the ConsentUI prompt and then take an screen shot from the host.

tomos:
Have you tried the 'prtScn' key with those apps running?
If it works you can always crop your shot in SC's editor that can be selected after the shot.
Without disabling your preferred UAC setting.
-cmpm (May 26, 2012, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

ha, prtScn does work!
I had presumed it didnt work, because this key is used by SC, and no new screenshot showed in SC window.

You dont seem to be ablve to paste the shot directly into SC (thumbnail pane). So I paste it into filemanager (convert to png) and can then edit in SC:

Ability to take screenshot of Admin windows? (Win7+UAC)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version