ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Ability to take screenshot of Admin windows? (Win7+UAC)

(1/4) > >>

tomos:
I thought this was mentioned before but could not find it:

I'm wondering if it's possible to take a screenshot of Admin windows when using Win7 (64bit) and UAC at the highest level. I mean apps that require UAC approval to start.
AFAIK SC would have to be running "as admin" as well - would it be possible to temporarily elevate it's priviliges? or is that possible (I know DOpus can do it, but that doesnt mean SC can - or that it's worth the effort...)

TIA :)

mouser:
i didn't know that SC couldn't take images of some windows.. can other win7 users confirm this? or is it something that some other security tool is blocking?

tomos:
i didn't know that SC couldn't take images of some windows.. can other win7 users confirm this? or is it something that some other security tool is blocking?
-mouser (May 25, 2012, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

it was explained to me by someone here - (again sorry no time to search :-[). UAC opens the app in a separate desktop.
I have an AHK script for windows (normal/minimise/close) - it doesnt work on any of these windows.

I dont know if this depends on the level of UAC you use, hopefully someone who really knows will post :)

IainB:
By "Admin", do you mean, for example, an active Control Panel Window?
Like this:

These don't seem to be a problem, though SSC sometimes can't seem to avoid getting some of the background in the isolated active window capture (Alt-PrtSc) - as in the screenshot above.
The only trouble I have had with SSC capturing things is when I want to capture a window plus an open drop-down menu whilst it is open. Sometimes activating SSC seems to persist in closing the menu you want to capture whilst it is open, so then I have learned to use the OneNote Screen Clip function, because it seems to "freeze" the menus and everything on the screen whilst you carry out the clip operation. I think it might be operating on a buffered image (copy) of the whole screen as taken at the point in time when you activate the clip function.
Here's an example of a menu-open one that I had to do with the OneNote clip function:

AbteriX:
I think tomos talk about this:

UAC promptshttp://www.ntwind.com/tutorials/taking-screenshots-of-uac-prompts-with-winsnap.html

Found some time ago. Not tested yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version