topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 8:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Omnipage 15 Review by DSLR member  (Read 3563 times)

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Omnipage 15 Review by DSLR member
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:50 PM »
I just found this "on accident" and though I'd share: http://www.dslreport...orum/remark,15806386

You'll appreciate it if you've been wondering about Omnipage 15 for whatever reason ;)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Omnipage 15 Review by DSLR member
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:22 AM »
I bought this a while back and was really irritated that way it pushes its way into your whole system: filetypes, menus, macros in Office docs etc. all without any options in setup.

One particular annoyance was that on installation it claimed just about every file type you could think of as its own (there were no options in the setup program). When I complained to the support team and asked how I could install it without this happening they told me it didn't do that (well why did all my JPEG, TIFF, BMP etc. files have OP icons and load OP then) and that if I didn't want that I could always edit the extension properties. At that point I gave up and asked for a refund.

I had been a happy user of OmniPage 11 and thought it was perhaps time to update. Having tried version 15 I could see very little difference from version 11 (bad sign that 4 versions go by and you can't see any difference).