ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is Linux just a hobby?

<< < (30/36) > >>

Rover:
Sorry to be so late to the party. 

The question is too generic.  Is Linux a Desktop (aka PC) hobby?  That seems to be what you're discussing.

Is it a hobby OS for Fortune 100 Companies?  Not hardly.  I work for a F-20 company and was the first Linux guy they hired in 2009.  By 2010 they decided to start a Unix to Linux migration project and kick out every Unix OS in favor of SuSE Linux.  Linux was the first OS to pass internal audit.  And we did it our first try.  >95% of our business critical apps run on Linux.  We have one of (if not the) largest SAP installations in the world, all running on SuSE.  We're at 1500+ and growing servers.

Sorry to disappoint the MS FUD Teams... Linux is a real, enterprise class OS.

:two:

Edvard:
I am not a part of "the Linux community".

"The Linux community" mainly consists of "I am too stupid to make my Windows work right" Dumbuntu/openSUSE users. I don't want to be a part of that. After all, if I want UNIX, I'll always choose BSD.-tuxman
--- End quote ---
*facepalm*

* wraith808 munches popcorn and watches the train quickly derail-wraith808
--- End quote ---

Now if someone mentions Nazis, I'm gonna puke.

Oh, wait... dammit
*facepalm*

* Edvard steals a toasted marshmallow from 40Hz

Tuxman:
Could you explain that facepalm?

wraith808:
Well, there's this whole thing called Godwin's Laww, and though he was only saying something about mentioning Nazis, it counted...  :lol:

Tuxman:
I meant the first one.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version