ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is Linux just a hobby?

<< < (17/36) > >>

dantheman:
Tuxman! You live well your leitmotiv!  :P

Must be the childhood memory of the first bicycle with learning wheels attached that makes its come back agin huh!

Tuxman:
Don't you feel silly still having learning wheels attached to your car?

dantheman:
Is that like those who can't take their phones off their ears when they drive?  :D

BTW, if BobC4012 is still around, maybe he can tell me how to replace the Chrome icon from the panel with another like... Opera! yes!   :Thmbsup:

bobc4012:
My apologies bobc4012!  :-[
-dantheman (July 12, 2012, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Fuhgedabotit" - none needed. I probably could have written the post a bit more clearly.

BTW, I'm not sure what distros you are tinkering with, but in Zorin 5.2, there is a utility called Ubuntu Tweak. This worked like the "old Ubuntu Tweak" and had a lot more options for tweaking, like those Windows Tweak utilities. In the System category, you could set the power options (ala lap-top power options - AC, never dim or power save - Battery - power dim, etc.). I was looking at Zorin 6 and they have the new "Ubuntu Tweak" that ships with Unity (or the Software Center). It has fewer options, which ticks me off'.

I should note that Zorin still has a few glitches. One thing about release 6, however, is you can change the Desktop Environment without logging off and back on. Select one of the three (Gnome, XP or Win. 7) and it changes it immediately.

bobc4012:

BTW, if BobC4012 is still around, maybe he can tell me how to replace the Chrome icon from the panel with another like... Opera! yes!   :Thmbsup:
-dantheman (July 13, 2012, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Dan, if you want an Opera Icon, check the following directories.

/ usr/share/opera/styles/images            or

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps 

A little exploration in the icons directory and its sub-directories may be of value.

Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version