ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Write text over the wallpaper

<< < (4/5) > >>

kunkel321:
Samurize is definitely more powerful than BGInfo.   The thing with BGI running, then shutting down, is an advantage IMHO.  You can use a command line to set the timer to 0, then it will launch and immediately shutdown--thus removing itself from RAM and not using any CPU.

Contro:
I'll try Samurize too.
The trial from desktop notepad give me problems finally.

:P

TaoPhoenix:
I'll ask a different question which is "what are we trying to do here". If the idea is "jam a note onto the computer where it can remind us of stuff", I like the Stickies approach. But then I get too many, and they become a mess. So frankensteining widgets together, I use Transdesk from here to open the big batch of stickies in its own desktop-space. Then in the "primary space" I make the one *new* sticky I need for that day. Then you can "roll it up" and park it out of the way in a corner and unroll it again an hour later when the boss calls back.

kunkel321:
Maybe this technique? http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/35980/how-to-display-a-quote-on-your-desktop-using-rainmeter/

daddydave:
I think maybe BGInfo lets you display the content of a text file.  
Maybe make an Autohotkey script to open the text file, then update BGInfo when the window is closed...  (?)
-kunkel321 (May 20, 2012, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice idea indeed.
 :-*
-Contro (May 21, 2012, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

What I used to do when I used BGInfo was create a shortcut to a batch file that would first open up the text file for editing and then run the command to update the wallpaper (maybe it was bginfo /timer:0, I am not sure). So when I saved the text file and exited it, it then updated the wallpaper with the new contents of the text file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version