ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Write text over the wallpaper

<< < (3/5) > >>

Curt:
but really writing on the desktop is actually typing text on a transparent wallpaper on top of your normal wallpaper.-Curt (May 21, 2012, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
Can you explain the transparent wallpaper on top in detail .
I have never heard of this before-Contro (May 21, 2012, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

-no details. I simply read what was stated:

Because BGInfo simply writes a new desktop bitmap and exits, you don't have to worry about it consuming system resources or interfering with other applications.-technet.microsoft
--- End quote ---

I used to have it running on Vista with "normal" wallpapers at the same time. It was working very well.

But what is it that you want to type on your desktop? Five words, or a chapter, changed once in a while or almost all of the time? Is it info from you or from some program?

Contro:
or may be. As desktop notepad does a seamless stickie o transparent stickie without borders ant taking the wallpaper as part of him.
 :-\
It's the more similar to put the text in other cap.

Contro:
Curt. At the present moment I think enough wonderful answers are given. And everyone can make the elections....
 :P

Contro:
I think maybe BGInfo lets you display the content of a text file. 
Maybe make an Autohotkey script to open the text file, then update BGInfo when the window is closed...  (?)
-kunkel321 (May 20, 2012, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice idea indeed.
 :-*

IainB:
I think maybe BGInfo lets you display the content of a text file. 
Maybe make an Autohotkey script to open the text file, then update BGInfo when the window is closed...  (?)
-kunkel321 (May 20, 2012, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I think that's why I stopped using BgInfo - it was too constipated. It runs and then shuts down after arranging the display. You have to restart if after every change. And it's not very flexible in what it can do - as compared to Samurize.

Samurize was incredibly powerful. You could get it to display the txt file with artifacts, tints and transparency - variables to suit the background image. If you right clicked on the txt display (which seemed to behave like an active embedded object in the desktop), then you could edit the txt file with Notepad or whatever you wanted, and then save it, and the display would immediately be refreshed with the changed text.
Similarly, you could just open the txt file in an editor, edit it and then save it, and the display would immediately be refreshed with the changed text.

I just tried the latest version of Bginfo v4.16.0.0, and it seems to be much the same as I recall. Ideal as a KISS approach though.

@Curt suggested Notezilla and Rainlendar Pro. I reckon they could be worth looking at, though I haven't used them for this sort of thing.

The Stickies suggestion I made is a bit of a kludge to do something similar to what you could do with Samurize.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version