ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Write text over the wallpaper

(1/5) > >>

Contro:
I am looking for a soft to write over the wallpapers (not editing the wallpaper, of course)

something similar to BgInfo from Systernals.

and similar to Desktop Notepad, but free.

Best Regards
 :P

kunkel321:
I think maybe BGInfo lets you display the content of a text file. 
Maybe make an Autohotkey script to open the text file, then update BGInfo when the window is closed...  (?)

IainB:
The only options I know of:

* BgInfo from SysInternals: I used to use it on my WinXP system, but I'm not sure if it will work on my Win7-64bit Home Premium.  On XP I replaced it with Samurize (much more functionality).
* Samurize: I used this to display my ToDo.txt file list embedded (transparent) on the Desktop, and I could click on it to edit the file, which changed the Desktop image dynamically. But Samurize doesn't work too well on my Win7-64bit Home Premium.
* Stickies: I discovered that you can make a Stickies note "ghosted", so it is embedded on the desktop. To edit it, you have to go to the Stickies manager GUI, unghost the sticky, edit it, then ghost it again. Not quite as quick as the Samurize approach.(I don't know about Desktop Notepad.)

A ghosted Stickie looks like this example:

Curt:
Notezilla
- or even Rainlendar Pro

but really writing on the desktop is actually typing text on a transparent wallpaper on top of your normal wallpaper.

tomos:
this would probably do it (but I havent seriously tried it so cannot say for sure)
Splinter
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30897.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version