MoveIt 1.3.3.0 - DonationCoder.com
Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site May 28, 2015, 11:11:53 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MoveIt 1.3.3.0  (Read 20851 times)
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2012, 02:20:17 AM »

MoveIt 1.2.5.1 Added a line to About Box.  No biggie. smiley

edit: Now user-defined keyboard hotkey is set to none (not set IOW) to avoid conflicts. Use one of the Tray Menu commands if you wish to set the Keyboard hotkey.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:18:17 PM by MilesAhead » Logged

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »

MoveIt 1.2.5.2 Now user-defined keyboard hotkey is not set to start. Use one of the Tray Menu commands if you wish to assign your own keyboard hotkey. If the user keyboard hotkey assignment fails on program startup, the app resets the value to blank, then quits after writing the .ini file.

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2012, 05:26:51 PM »

MoveIt 1.2.5.4 (skipped 1.2.5.3 because I don't feel like compiling yet again just for the number.)  smiley

Added a kludge to force the ini file to be ANSI on Wow64 systems.  Otherwise the .ini file could be a BOM and nothing else.  The profile string APIs are weird hold-overs from Win 3.1.  But for tiny apps like these it can be convenient not to mess up the registry just for a couple of settings.

The other choice was recompile the build as ANSI. This seemed the lesser of 2 evils.

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »

Ridiculously off topic but I get a kick out of your 4 level versioning Miles. Miles Away from Firefox!   Kiss
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »

Ridiculously off topic but I get a kick out of your 4 level versioning Miles. Miles Away from Firefox!   Kiss

Heh heh.  I can't let the major version number exceed 9 or I'd have to rewrite the "check for updates" I use on some of them. It just does a string compare I believe. That keeps me from bumping up the major version every 48 hours. smiley

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »

Heh heh.  I can't let the major version number exceed 9 or I'd have to rewrite the "check for updates" I use on some of them. It just does a string compare I believe. That keeps me from bumping up the major version every 48 hours. smiley

Programmer Laziness FTW!!   Grin
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

Heh heh.  I can't let the major version number exceed 9 or I'd have to rewrite the "check for updates" I use on some of them. It just does a string compare I believe. That keeps me from bumping up the major version every 48 hours. smiley

Programmer Laziness FTW!!   Grin

I call that "optimization."  When I'm not snorin'

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »

MoveIt 1.2.5.5  Added Control Shift x hotkey to Close all Explorer Windows.

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2015, 09:10:47 AM »

MoveIt 1.3.0.0  Fixed Explorer Window Stagger routine to handle duplicate Explorer Windows.  Now if you want 3 or 5 views of the same folder for drag and drop it will handle it irather than moving the first one it finds to the different positions.

See first post for the new download page.

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »

MoveIt 1.3.1.0 Fixed Middle Mouse Button hotkey.  Also Quadrant Snap checks size after resizing to prevent the moved/sized window extending past the work area.

I was using HitTest message to make sure the middle mouse button was only being held on the Caption Bar to avoid interfering with scroll drag in some programs such as Firefox.  But it wasn't working on W8.0.  But if you are scroll dragging it is unlikely you would be hitting other keys at the same time.

Eliminating the Hittest also improved the Quadrant snap response.  Since this seems to be usable now I added checking for programs that have minimum dimensions when resized.  I get the size after the resize operation and use that when checking the window fits on screen.

Download link is in first post.

I also added the option to my page to show a version number rather than the size of the download.  As I update programs I'll post the v.x.x.x.x number from now on.

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »

Great to see this being updated Miles thumbs up
I still using an older version on my win 7 desktop - and am just after adding it to my Win 8.1 laptop.

Also just updated the mini-review I had written (a couple of years ago now!).
  • I still have to add the hotkey to close all Explorer windows (havent used it yet)
  • also seem to have missed out on whatever the middle-mouse button does [edit] I see info about it in the about box [/edit]
  • [edit] I see I also missed out on other stuff from the about box - will add [/edit]
Was wondering if you could skim though the review and tell me if I missed out on any of the features, or if anything else needs to be updated?
Thanks smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:16:56 PM by tomos » Logged

Tom
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »

Great to see this being updated Miles thumbs up
I still using an older version on my win 7 desktop - and am just after adding it to my Win 8.1 laptop.

Also just updated the mini-review I had written (a couple of years ago now!).
  • I still have to add the hotkey to close all Explorer windows (havent used it yet)
  • also seem to have missed out on whatever the middle-mouse button does [edit] I see info about it in the about box [/edit]
  • [edit] I see I also missed out on other stuff from the about box - will add [/edit]
Was wondering if you could skim though the review and tell me if I missed out on any of the features, or if anything else needs to be updated?
Thanks smiley

Hi.  I will be happy to look through your review.  Please download the latest version 1.3.2.0 as I found a bunch of bad code in the windows movement calls.  It does run smoother now.  But I am sad to say it still seems to need Run As Administrator to use the middle mouse button as hotkey.  Now that I see some of the WinMove calss I'm surprised they worked at all.  smiley

It should also work better moving non resizable windows to the corners(snap) .. at least I hope so.

Edit:  I read the review.  One minor typo in the version number you have 1.2.3.0 instead of 1.3.2.0.

I think you covered the utility's functionality nicely.  I am very glad you enjoy using it.  Thank you for investing the time to review it on the forum.  smiley

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:09:55 PM by MilesAhead » Logged

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2015, 02:17:42 PM »

MoveIt 1.3.2.0  Fix errors in Window Movement routines.

MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »

MoveIt 1.3.3.0  Added Stagger pattern for 6 Explorer Windows.  Two rows of three.  smiley

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »

Edit:  I read the review.  One minor typo in the version number you have 1.2.3.0 instead of 1.3.2.0.

I think you covered the utility's functionality nicely.  I am very glad you enjoy using it

Thanks! Review updated for 1.3.3.0 and reworked a bit to be more comprehensive -
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=31763.0

Tom
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2015, 01:21:25 PM »

I think you covered the utility's functionality nicely.  I am very glad you enjoy using it

Thanks! Review updated for 1.3.3.0 and reworked a bit to be more comprehensive -
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=31763.0

Thmbsup  I really appreciate the succinct presentation.  Reading it myself I found out some of the hotkey functions I forgot.  smiley

Thank you.  smiley

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2015, 10:50:46 AM »

Miles,
I'm having a bit of trouble with the Alt key in a couple of different scenarios:

1) Alt drag a file to create a shortcut causes the window to snap to quadrant.

2) I often use Alt+Tab in combination with the mouse:
Keeping Alt pressed, press Tab briefly - then I click on the window I want.
It mostly works okay, but sometimes causes the window to 'quarter' - I'm not sure why - I do this so automatically I'm not very aware of what exactly I'm doing 'wrong'

Would it be possible to make the Alt+click an option?
Or make the key modifyable?

Tom
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

In the Tray Menu uncheck Snap Window to Quadrant.  With the "tic tac toe" move there's no real need for snap to quadrant.  If you want to make a 1/4 screen size window you can always use one of the customized sizes with hotkey-z.

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2015, 11:14:33 AM »

In the Tray Menu uncheck Snap Window to Quadrant.  With the "tic tac toe" move there's no real need for snap to quadrant.  If you want to make a 1/4 screen size window you can always use one of the customized sizes with hotkey-z.

Thanks thumbs up
I actually looked at the tray menu and managed to miss that [:we need a looking up to heaven smilie:]

smiley

Tom
MilesAhead
Supporting Member

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

In the Tray Menu uncheck Snap Window to Quadrant.  With the "tic tac toe" move there's no real need for snap to quadrant.  If you want to make a 1/4 screen size window you can always use one of the customized sizes with hotkey-z.

Thanks thumbs up
I actually looked at the tray menu and managed to miss that [:we need a looking up to heaven smilie:]

smiley

It is a bit misleading.  It might better be called "lazy drag to corner" or something similar.  smiley

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.043s | Server load: 0.12 ]

Share on Facebook
submit to reddit